Schedule and Policies
Google Team Calendar
Our team schedule is maintained on our Google Team Calendar which you can view below or access here.
The Bandits’ season will conclude with the NVWF Finals, which will be help on Saturday, February 25, 2023 and Sunday, February 26, 2023.
The Bandits will typically have practices at the West Springfield High School (WSHS) mat room on Mondays (6-7:30 PM), Wednesdays (6-7:30 PM) and Fridays (6-7 PM) throughout the season.
Occasionally, activities at WSHS or FCPS holidays will prevent us from accessing the mat room, so practice will be cancelled on those days. Cancelled practices remain displayed on the team calendar, but the event name will start with the words “CANCELLED -“.
We will try to schedule makeup practices when possible. Some of those practices may be at alternate locations – check the event item in the calendar for location details. Makeup practices will be displayed on the team calendar and the event name will start with the words “MAKEUP PRACTICE -“
The Bandits will follow FCPS Cancellation Procedures. The Bandits will not hold practice on a day where school or afternoon/evening activities are cancelled.
If your child has any of the following symptoms, please hold them out of practice until the symptoms are gone:
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Body Aches
Our coaching staff are not trained medical professionals, but we reserve the right to ask any child exhibiting the symptoms above to leave practice. Recognizing that some children may have an occasional coach or momentarily runny nose not associated with an illness, we will ask wrestlers observed with a runny nose or coughing 3 or more times to leave practice for the day.
We are also asking parents/guardians to be respectful of the fact that some of our wrestlers have medical conditions, such as allergies, that may cause them to have a runny nose. The coaches have access to this information on the roster sheet that is prepared for each practice. If your wrestler has a medical condition, such as allergies, that may cause them to have a runny nose, and you must disclose that information to the club. We also ask that you provide tissues and hand sanitizer so that your wrestler can sanitarily mitigate this issue during practice.
Specific to bullying involving two minors under the age of 18 years old
The Bandits have a zero tolerance policy on bullying. The Bandits Wrestling Club recognizes that it can be difficult to report an allegation of misconduct and strives to remove as many barriers to reporting as possible. Reports may be made verbally to any coach or team representative, or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bandits have the following procedures and rules in place to prevent and remediate incidents of bullying:
- No one is allowed to enter the practice room until a Bandits coach has arrived to supervise practice. The room must be cleared of all participants at the conclusion of practice.
- Wrestlers should, to the best of their ability, refrain from making physical contact with other wrestlers that are not in the immediately adjacent grades in school. For example, it is appropriate for a Kindergartner to practice live wrestling moves with a First grader, but it is not appropriate for a Third grader to wrestle or otherwise contact a Kindergartner.
- Any incidents of bullying should be reported immediately in writing to the Bandits Wrestling Club President at email@example.com.
The Bandits Wrestling Club will respond to cases a wrestler bullying another wrestler in the following manner:
- After the first documented violation, a verbal and written warning will be given to the wrestler and their parents/guardians
- After the second violation, the wrestler will be suspended from all team activities for a week
- After the third violation, the wrestler will be suspended for the remainder of the wrestling season
- The team will not provide refunds for time missed due to suspensions for bullying
by Andrew Meyers