The Bandits will have practices at the West Springfield High School (WSHS) mat room on Mondays (6-7:30 PM), Wednesdays (6-7:30 PM) and Fridays (6-7 PM) starting on Monday, October 25 2021, except for the dates noted below.
Picture Day will be on Wednesday, February 9th (makeup day Wednesday, February 16th). Please wear your Bandits Singlet to practice for the team and individual pictures.
Special makeup practices will also be held on the following dates (also in the WSHS mat room):
- December 9, 2021 (Thursday) – 6 – 7:30 PM
- December 16, 2021 (Thursday) – 6 – 7:30 PM
- January 4, 2022 (Tuesday) – 6 – 7:30 PM
- January 6, 2022 (Thursday) – 6 – 7:30 PM
- January 11, 2022 (Tuesday) – 6 – 7:30 PM
- January 27, 2022 (Thursday) – 6 – 7 PM
- February 1, 2022 (Tuesday) – 6 – 7:30 PM
- February 3, 2022 (Thursday) – 6 – 7 PM
- February 10, 2022 (Thursday) – 6 – 7 PM
Practice will not be held on the following dates because the WSHS mat room is not available:
- November 1, 2021 (Monday)
- November 24, 2021 (Wednesday)
- November 26, 2021 (Friday)
- December 6, 2021 (Monday)
- December 10, 2021 (Friday)
- December 17, 2021 (Friday)
- December 22, 2021 (Wednesday)
- December 24, 2021 (Friday)
- December 31, 2021 (Friday)
- January 3, 2022 (Monday)
- January 5, 2022 (Wednesday)
- January 10, 2022 (Monday)
- January 14, 2022 (Friday)
- January 21, 2022 (Friday) – No Makeup
- January 28, 2022 (Friday) – Makeup 1/27/22 (Thursday)
- February 2, 2022 (Wednesday) – Makeup 2/1/22 (Tuesday)
- February 4, 2022 (Friday) – Makeup 2/3/22 (Thursday)
- February 11, 2022 (Friday) – Makeup 2/10/22 (Thursday)
If your child has any of the following symptoms, please hold them out of practice until the symptoms are gone:
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Body Aches
Our coaching staff are not trained medical professionals, but we reserve the right to ask any child exhibiting the symptoms above to leave practice. Recognizing that some children may have an occasional coach or momentarily runny nose not associated with an illness, we will ask wrestlers observed with a runny nose or coughing 3 or more times to leave practice for the day.
We are also asking parents/guardians to be respectful of the fact that some of our wrestlers have medical conditions, such as allergies, that may cause them to have a runny nose. The coaches have access to this information on the roster sheet that is prepared for each practice. If your wrestler has a medical condition, such as allergies, that may cause them to have a runny nose, and you must disclose that information to the club. We also ask that you provide tissues and hand sanitizer so that your wrestler can sanitarily mitigate this issue during practice.
Bullying Policy (specific to bullying involving two minors under the age of 18 years old)
The Bandits have a zero tolerance policy on bullying. The Bandits Wrestling Club recognizes that it can be difficult to report an allegation of misconduct and strives to remove as many barriers to reporting as possible. Reports may be made verbally to any coach or team representative, or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bandits have the following procedures and rules in place to prevent and remediate incidents of bullying:
- No one is allowed to enter the practice room until a Bandits coach has arrived to supervise practice. The room must be cleared of all participants at the conclusion of practice.
- Wrestlers should, to the best of their ability, refrain from making physical contact with other wrestlers that are not in the immediately adjacent grades in school. For example, it is appropriate for a Kindergartener to practice live wrestling moves with a First grader, but it is not appropriate for a Third grader to wrestle or otherwise contact a Kindergartener.
- Any incidents of bullying should be reported immediately in writing to the Bandits Wrestling Club President at email@example.com.
The Bandits Wrestling Club will respond to cases a wrestler bullying another wrestler in the following manner:
- After the first documented violation, a verbal and written warning will be given to the wrestler and their parents/guardians
- After the second violation, the wrestler will be suspended from all team activities for a week
- After the third violation, the wrestler will be suspended for the remainder of the wrestling season
- The team will not provide refunds for time missed due to suspensions for bullying