We hope this message finds you safe and healthy. The past year has certainly been challenging for many, and our wrestlers have had minimal opportunities to practice and compete in their sport. We are now looking ahead to the 2021-2022 season, which will be a rebuilding year for all developmental wrestling programs. We plan to have a full developmental wrestling program in the winter of 2021-2022. We will compete in the Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation (NVWF), and schedule practices at our one or more of our pyramid schools (West Springfield High School, Robinson Secondary School, and Woodson High School). If you have any suggestions for us, please let us know by responding to this e-mail or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
2021-2022 Season Volunteer Opportunities:We have a few critical volunteer roles to fill as we prepare for the 2021-2022 season. If you are interested in any of these roles, or in helping out in any way, please reply to this email and we will get you involved in our planning efforts.
- Head Coach: The head coach will be responsible for coordinating and leading the club’s practices and establishing the club’s developmental approach to wrestling. Ideally, the head coach should have prior experience with competitive wrestling and a USA wrestling coaches certification.
- Assistant Coaches: Assistant coaches aid the head coach to run safe, effective and fun practices and competitions. Wrestling experience is not required, but assistant coaches will need to go through a background check and Safe Sport training through USA wrestling.
- Webmaster/Social Media Coordinator: The webmaster/social media coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the club’s website as well as club accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Treasurer: The treasurer controls both the collection and disbursement of the club’s money. They will collect member dues, prepare and monitor the budget and maintain accurate financial records.
- Uniform Coordinator: The uniform coordinator is responsible for managing the inventory of club-owned singlets which are loaned to wrestlers throughout the season. They are also responsible for orderingand distributing additional club merchandise, such as t-shirts.
Summer Wrestling Opportunities: The Bandits will not have any club coordinated activities until the fall, however, we would like to point you to a local organization that has spring and summer activities for your wrestler.
Top of the Podium is a facility in Sterling, VA that supports wrestling in the region. They will be hosting a takedown tournament on April 10 and have multiple programs and events throughout the spring and summer.
Please continue to stay safe, and reach out if you have any questions or concerns.